Thursday, July 31, 2008

Something new, something blue

So... some of you get bored reading my entries over and over, eh?


Well, surprise! A new entry.

I went to Holyland Cuisine for lunch today. I was hoping and hopping for something extraordinary, or at least extra extra ordinary. What I got was sticker shock! Warning to the enterer of this fine establishment: have 8-14 bucks on hand.

I ended up having the special of the day, vegetarian platter. Many of you know I don't condone the eating of pigs in any form. I would occassionally turn a blind eye towards pepporoni, but even that has been blacklisted by my palette. Anyways, the platter ended up costing a smidge over $6, took about five minutes to prepare and ended up being healthy(tinsy) portions of 3 falafel patties, a salad that was mostly tomatoes, hummus and a chopped up homemade pita. My favourite part was the olive oil used in the hummus. Rich and oily... hmmm... my description of oil could use some work... oily... hmmm... rich and coaty?

Well, all the contents of my to-go styrofoam tray formed container disappeared in about four minutes. I will probably have to save my next journey there for a special occassion when I feel like eating out and dropping some dimes. Don't get me wrong, the food was good. But for the price and the amount, this will have to be a rare visitation destination at best. Big city prices in a little city metropolis, not sure how long they will be able to survive. But they do have Biryani rice dishes like I hoped Lincoln would some day have. Too bad I never got a chance to get Sara's review of it. (Yes, I know I mentioned another's name. I'm such a rule breaker but in this case I made an exception.)

http://greatplainsfoodie.blogspot.com/2008/06/location.html

4 comments:

kevin said...

What? You dis pepperoni pizza!? -- You crazy!

gravy said...

It's not me, it's my senses.

I avoid lots of choices because of a sense of possible swine inclusion. Refried beans... gotta be vegetarian or there might be lard in them... eggrolls, might have pork... potato salad from a deli, might have ham... pigs parts just make me sad in the soul.

Just means I'm leaving more for you at any possible future pizza parties!

kevin said...

Dude, everybody knows the best things in life include pork.

gravy said...

I know nothing of the best things in life then. Wait, I know you... are you a pig!?!