Monday, June 16, 2008

F-day

First of all, I'm completely over-joyed for all the fathers out there. Congrats, hope you had a great day and keep up the good work!

Next, I'm so glad yesterday is over and gone. It is the worst day of the year for me. No card, no call, no reason for one really. Every year fathers day makes me contemplative... big surprise, eh? Makes me wonder, am I or am I not? This is what I thought about for most of yesterday. No, I don't feel mad, sad, glad or rad. I feel... acceptance. But then there's more. I call my dad and he tells me happy fathers day and then the dagger to the ribs, "Did you hear from her today?" I don't think he understands.

In other news, I think my warranty has expired. I haven't felt the same since my little noxema, x-machina, imponea... skin episode. I guess my youthful elasticity of the soul has expired. I forgot how I thought, some of it kind of came back.

3 comments:

kevin said...

I view Father's Day/Mother's Day pretty much like birthdays -- everybody's got one. No big deal.

Though -- it's a good excuse to get my way for the day :)

gravy said...

Yeah, I guess I got my way yesterday. Ate junk food, watched soccer and sci~fi, thought about turning on the AC. 2 out of 3 ain't bad at all.

You riding tonight?

kevin said...

Nope -- I be packing. Your day sounded similar to mine, except I rode bike around rich neighborhoods looking at privacy fences -- quite exciting.