Friday, June 13, 2008

Poser, dood

People seem to have the impression I'm a bike nut. This is not true. I'm a soccer nut.

As I was riding to work today, I saw a fellow biker. He probably eyed my patented "toodle" peddle style, my minimalist yet sturdy steel hardtail with fashionably faux-pas pink lettering steed, my chrome bag, my camo-bianchi cap and possibly the fact that I ride lid-less... and thought, "Oh, this dood knows all about the cyclery." (About cycles, not celery.)

Then, if this dood is actually in the know of bike people in Lincoln, he would think, "Wait, I've heard rumors this guy can't change a chain, true his wheel, patch a flat in ten seconds flat, name the last ten winners of the Paris-Roubaix, name a good brand of crank makers or pop a wheelie."

Well, the rumors are true.

Now, I'm not sure if I ever created an image of bike nut or if people created an image of me for themselves, but the image is false.

So, next time you see me, think, "Hey, that dood can kind of stay up on two wheels," and not, "I can learn something bikeful from that dood."

7 comments:

kevin said...

Embrace your false bike-nuttedness image!

gravy said...

Hey, where were you last night?

I've sported green two days in a row and still... zero margaritas! I feel like there's more than one false image taking place.

kevin said...

Softball games. Was a perfect night to ride (or play softball). I had enough barleys to make up for your shortage :)

lot of cyclists show?

gravy said...

Seven.

Jace, Adrian... a Great Plainer, a Minnesotan, a girl, a Colnago rider... I'm also great with names... as I've just displayed...

nicol said...

The Chrome bag fools everyone!

You getting up tomorrow for the WP Saturday ride, Bateau?

Cuz, I KNOW you aren't going on Janna's 6 am ride.

Hi KevinW! :)

gravy said...

The WP? The weiners perk ride? The wusses perk ride? The wankers ride?

kevin said...

I am out to set the "fastest dropped rider" record at the WP ride tomorrow.


Hi Nicol!