Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Exhausted

Is exhaustion a mental condition? Is it the body telling the brain that the emergency stop brake needs to be pulled? What happens if the conductor overrides the complaints and doesn't pull the lever?

I've gone on a few bike rides were I should have pulled the lever and stopped, dropped and rolled to the ground for a rest. But I kept going. I've gotten massive sun burns and dehydrated to the point of passing out.

Sure, I've turned back once. And someone won't let me live that one down. It's different when the body isn't taking in oxygen.

I just finished reading an "epic" blog about 200+ miles on wet gravel in one day. Geesh, I'd think 20+ miles would be noteworthy. Now I got more wonders on my brain. Could I, at my age, do something like that? Do I even need to try? What would it prove to me? Do I have a suffering wish? Have I ever truly suffered? Can I suffer or am I too... jelly to get to a breaking point?

1 comment:

Adrian Olivera said...

Need sleep, water, B12 and cold water down the back. Johnson County.